The switchblade is a melee weapon in Cry of Fear. The player starts with this weapon after the first Nightmare Sequence. The switchblade has 2 attack modes; a Slash Attack and a Stab Attack, the latter making more damage to an enemy, but being a bit more slowly executed compared to the Slash Attack.
Pros and Cons
- First weapon made available to the player
- Fast swing speed
- Two attack modes; A quick slash attack, or a slower but stronger stab attack.
- Can be used to kill weaker types of monsters, conserving ammunition.
- Weakest melee weapon in the game.
- Cannot use slash attack when dual-wielding.