The Sledgehammer is the third melee weapon in the game. Simon finds it inside the train car in the Subway Station. It is one of the most powerful melee weapons that can be found in the singleplayer campaign (not counting David Leatherhoff's Axe).
Pros and ConsEdit
- Strongest melee weapon overall. (Not counting Leatherhoff's axe)
- Capable of destroying brick walls (this happens only once).
- Slowest swing speed overall.
- Not useful for hitting enemies before they attack first: it's possible but very hard to get the good timing.
- Each swing of the sledgehammer depletes the stamina gauge by a small amount.
- Unable to be dual-wielded.