The Browning HP is the last handgun in Cry of Fear. Simon uses this handgun in the boss fight against Book Simon. It's the only weapon you can use in this boss fight and the ammo is limited, but it has high accuracy.
Like the VP70, it may also be a reference to Resident Evil 2, considering that it's the weapon of choice of Claire Redfield in this game.
Pros and Cons
- Extremely accurate.
- Reload is almost instant.
- Only avaliable at the final boss fight for ending 4.
- Has a 13 round magazine, 2 bullets below the glock's capacity.
- No extra ammo can be found.
- Rate of fire is somewhat slow compared to other pistols.
- Ironsights cannot be used.
In Real Life
The Browning HP (Hi-Power) is a single action semi-automatic pistol first produced in 1935. It is one of the most commonly used military pistols in history, having been used by the armed forces of more than 50 nations. A 10 shot .40 calibre Smith & Wesson variant also exists. Simon's gun is most likely to be the Browning HP 9mm Mark III with fixed sights, as the design (including the silver ejection port cover) matches the real gun.