The Brügger and Thomet MP9 (Commonly known as "MP9" or its previous name "TMP") is the second automatic weapon in Cry of Fear. It is only available to those who have donated 10 US Dollars or more to the game developers and are in the Cry of Fear Donators Steam group. It deals half the damage of a Glock 19, but it has a 30-round magazine, being extremely useful when fighting Slowers .
Previously, the MP9 was named the Steyr TMP although the name was changed to the MP9 on the Steam Standalone version of Cry of Fear. However, it is still referred to as "TMP" in the game data files.
If a player has not donated, the MP9 will be replaced by a Glock 19 and the MP9 ammo will be replaced with 9mm Bullets. The MP9 can apparently be found in three different locations:
- The TL Trading Building (Upon picking the MP9 up, the player will encounter the 3 headed slower)
- In the offices
- In the subways
- During the final battle in ending 5
When MP9 ammo starts to appear, the player is close.
Pros and ConsEdit
- Very fast rate of fire
- It is excellent for close quarters combat.
- Does half the damage of the Glock 19 (But with a 30 round mag this is the same amount of damage).
- Ammo is extremely scarce.
- Only 4 magazines in Suicide Mode.
- Can be inaccurate
- Can't be dual-wielded, which does not allow to use a light source, contrary to the Glock ; nor can it be combined with the Taclight.
In Real Life Edit
The MP9 is a 9MM selective fire Parabellum class machine pistol that can fire 900 or 1,100 rounds per minute, depending on the variant. It was designed in Switzerland mostly for military use, and although it is an evolution from the design of the Steyr TMP, it is actually a distinct weapon in its own right, and differs from the TMP in that it has a stock that folds to the right, an integrated Picatinny rail, and a trigger safety. A civilian variant called the TP9 also exists. It has detachable magazines that can hold 15, 20, 25, and 30 rounds, and a variant called the UMP45 that can fire .45 calibre ACP rounds is in development.